Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rach's 40th Birthday Card

Hi there

I am finally making time to show you all the card I made for Rachel's 40th, Dianne kindly e-mailed these to me at the beginning of the week (thanks Dianne :) ).

So here it is.....

It is hard to see but I have used a rub-on on acetate which I cut with my new Magnolia Dream Tag die (love this one) because I didn't want to cover up the lovely design paper which is my all time favourite Bo Bunny Gabrielle.  The vine is part of a Prima one, I just cut a branch off as it would have been way too big.  The gorgeous metal butterflies are part of the Gabrielle range and I have added some Kaiser pearls to the middle of them.  The orangegy trim & string of pearls are from the Gabrielle range also and the brown velvet ribbon from my stash the flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts.

A close up of the acetate......


I have lots of pictures - as with the handbag cards there is soooo much more to show so here goes.......



The inside......
Close ups.......

I have used the gorgeous Magnolia "Tilda with Hawaian Flower" stamp and coloured her with distress inks.  I cut some strips with the Magnolia Doo Hickey "Tilda Lace Die" and then mitered the corners for the frame.  The little white frame around the 40 is a Chiswick Frame also from Magnolia.


The butterfly is from Dusty Attic and has been painted and then stickled heaps!!!


I wrote my message to Rach on the back on the tags. 


The brown sticker and green background chipboard are from the Grabrielle range, I thought the saying was sooo cute and perfect for the occasion.


The back didn't need much doing to it as the paper is soooo nice on its own, so I just added my stamp framed in a spellbinder die.

I think Rachel enjoyed her birthday, she did get spoilt!!!  A group of us got together and took her to lunch at the Old Bank, and then later Rachel's Mum had organized a small surprise pot luck tea for her, which was really cool and YUMMY!!!!

So Rach  - Welcome to the Naughty Forties!!!!

Thanks to you all for stopping by and I hope you will give the hand bag cards a go they are soooo much fun to make.

Cheers
Joanne

x_de31fad









2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree and I get to KEEP it rofl! What I can't beleive is that number on the front think you got that one slighly wrong 3 it is meant to be a 3!
    Thanks so much for being a special friend :-)

    ReplyDelete