Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wee Suzi Number 2

Hi everyone

Hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend and enjoying the sun shinning finally!!!

Here is my second card using the Wee Suzi Digi Image, this time I have used a very different colour combo for me purple & yellow.


The card layout is based on one by the talented Dena Coucienne  and I used a technic that Steph Devlin showed us at Glen Tui camp last year, which is punching out strips of paper and then folding it so it bends around the circle, pretty cool eh!  I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir pens and then tried to find some paper to match, out of all the paper I have these purple & yellow ones were it, they are a Heidi Grace Design paper pack "Girlfriends".

Some close ups.......


The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, butterfly Martha Stewart Punch with some dimensional magic and Kaiser Craft bling, I also got the sewing machine out for around the edges.  The saying is a Kaiser Craft rub-on.

The insides.......
and close-ups.......


I kept the insides fairly simple as there is lots going on with all the bright spots everywhere and the back is simple too.......

On the whole I quite like how the purple & yellow combo turned out, it gives a nice bright happy feeling to the card.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time take care and enjoy yourself!!!

Cheers
Joanne

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jo the colours are fantastic and you really have mastered your pens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colour combo and the frill borders make it pop. The image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete